By Betha Fe M. Castillo, MD
Working closely with my predecessors in the DDVMHMA governance, indeed was a priceless experience. The foundation of leadership was inculcated and the potentials were developed. The inception of forming the DDVMHMA started with humble beginnings with simple gathering over meals on Fridays, outings, camaraderie, fellowships, birthday greetings, sharing bereavements, taking over duties and most of all the natural development of teamwork in patient healthcare delivery.
Dr. Generoso Torres started informally the association, formalized by Dr. Gozar Duque and developed by Dr. Rosario Pitargue. Now the challenge is on me “Taking the Lead in 2018” especially on the occasion of the 50th year of the Villaflor Hospital, now the Dagupan Doctors Villaflor Memorial Hospital.
January 18, 2018, marked the day of the new DDVMHMA governance, with me as the president, Dr. Kay Jimenez as vice-president, Dr. Jenefer Aguinaldo as secretary, Dr. Marissa Umali as treasurer and Dr. Karlo Orduña as the press relation officer. Immediately after our election, induction, and turnover simple but meaningful ceremonies, I immediately presided the meeting. This was envisioned to be so because of the limited time we have to conceptualize and implement what needs to be done during this Golden year celebration of our beloved institution.
The DDVMHMA with close working relationship and support from the DDVMH administration up to this writing, have the following activities to present, some of which are already accomplished and some are on-going programs.
March 2, 2018
- The start of the Golden Year Celebration with Thanksgiving Mass presided by Archbishop Socrates Villegas and the Keynote Speaker: Dr. Vivencio Villaflor Jr. who walked us through the memory lane. The event was attended mostly by our consultants.
- MOA Signing with Kabaleyan Channel, Mayor Belen Fernandez, Dr. Vivencio Villaflor Sr. Medical Foundation (DVVSMF) and “Doctor on Call” Program Director for the transfer of the new venue of the “Doctor on Call” with its new format.
April 26, 2018
- Medical, Surgical and Dental Mission – Magliba Compound
- Treasures for Lives Part I-DDVMHA Fundraising Project for the DVVSMF
March to Present
- Several CME, Telemedicine, Lay fora, free surgeries, and community outreaches by the Department of Medicine, Surgery, anesthesia and OB/GYN
- Launching of the DDVMHerald, our newsletter
Indeed, we are looking forward to more dynamic days ahead of us, the DDVMHMA, your medical consultants in action!